Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

unable to change output file name for cups-pdf after dist-upgrade to Bullseye from Buster [SOLVED]

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
ramack

unable to change output file name for cups-pdf after dist-upgrade to Bullseye from Buster [SOLVED]

#1 Post by ramack »

I've dist-upgraded from Buster to Bullseye and setting up cups-pdf. I've changed to output directory from the default, however, I am not able to change the output file name to my preferred format of having the job_number preceding the file name. Even with the default line commented out, it will name the output file with a with a tailing "-job_#" (Label 2). What I'm wanting to switch to is option 1, preceding "job_#-".

So I'm assuming that there's another config file that needs to be updated as well, but I haven't found it. Any ideas?

the relevant part of /etc/cups/cups-pdf.conf

Code: Select all

### Key: Label (config, ppd, lpoptions)
##  label all jobs with a unique job-id in order to avoid overwriting old
##  files in case new ones with identical names are created; always true for
##  untitled documents
##  0: label untitled documents only
##  1: label all documents with a preceeding "job_#-"
##  2: label all documents with a tailing "-job_#"
### Default: 0

Label 1
homemade AMD64, Acer AspireOne 150, Asus eeePC 900, i386; Testing
i386,Dell Vostro 1000 AMD64, Dell Inspiron 1100; Sid
XFCE on all.

ramack

Re: unable to change output file name for cups-pdf after dist-upgrade to Bullseye from Buster [SOLVED]

#2 Post by ramack »

Bu opening LocalHost in Firefox and changing the default options for Label outputfiles to "Prefix all documents with job-id", the output filename changed to the format I was wanting.

From the CLI and cd'ing into /etc/cups, I looked at the time stamps of files and directories to see what changed, /etc/cups/ppd/PDF.ppd is modified to reflect the changes.

Why doesn't editing the label options in /etc/cups/cups-pdf.conf have the desired effect for the output filenames?
homemade AMD64, Acer AspireOne 150, Asus eeePC 900, i386; Testing
i386,Dell Vostro 1000 AMD64, Dell Inspiron 1100; Sid
XFCE on all.