Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[solved] qemu with vrtio

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
PsySc0rpi0n

[solved] qemu with vrtio

#1 Post by PsySc0rpi0n »

Hello.

I have created a VM using only qemu but I'm not sure the resulting .img file can be used with virtio or if I have to create this .img file already with vritio.
Or is it possible to create the VM in any way and then, use it with virtio at the start command, using some parameter?

The issue is that I created this VM and when I try to compile a program with the usual ./configure && sudo make && make install, it takes ages to do so. Mainly the sudo make command.
I created this VM with:

Code: Select all

qemu-img create -f qcow2 bullseyebtc.img 25G
qemu-system-x86_64 -machine accel=kvm:tcg -m 4096 -hda debian-11.1.0-amd64.img -boot d -cdrom ../LinuxIMGsPool/debian-11.1.0-amd64-netinst.iso
and I start it with:

qemu-system-x86_64 -m 8192 -hda bullseyebtc.img
Do I need to create the VM from start wit virtio or is it something I can use with the command that starts the VM?
Last edited by PsySc0rpi0n on 2022-01-30 14:48, edited 1 time in total.

PsySc0rpi0n

Re: qemu with vrtio

#2 Post by PsySc0rpi0n »

I think I got it.

This is the command I'musing now to start my VM:

qemu-system-x86_64 -cpu host -enable-kvm -smp 4 -m 8192 -drive file=bullseye.img,if=virtio
Solved