Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

deb.distribution in local repo

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
jby

deb.distribution in local repo

#1 Post by jby »

Hello!

I'm maintaining a local repo with some deb's that we need for our company, it's run in a JFrog artifactory server.

What I can't seem to grasp is the 'deb.distribution' property of the pkgs.

According to JFrog's own docs I'm supposed to be able to upload pkg.deb with both buster AND bullseye as deb.distribution, however from testing I can see that it doesn't work.

What's really the best practice for maintaining the same pkg.deb for multiple distributions (in my case both buster and bullseye)?
Do I have to upload them multiple times, one for each dist? If so, I've realised that the filenames have to be unique, so I have to copy pkg.deb to pkg-buster.deb and pkg-bullseye.deb. Am I correct in that?

jby

Re: deb.distribution in local repo

#2 Post by jby »

bump

stevepusser

Re: deb.distribution in local repo

#3 Post by stevepusser »

Hmmm--I remember some packages in the Debian repos having the same package name and version across multiple releases, let me see if I can find one of those packages.

Shoot, don't have time to do that, but aren't most packages that copy from Sid to testing the exact same files?
MX Linux packager and developer