Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Screen blank on switch user

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
alexanderbeerhoff

Screen blank on switch user

#1 Post by alexanderbeerhoff »

Hi, I have a macbookpro 7,1 with some hardware problem, I think, that make system freeze if screen goes off, or sometimes I need to close lid wait and reopen to make the screen turn on again.
The system is quite usable but I can't switch user from gnome session since screen remain dark after I give the command to switch user from gui; even in this case closing the lid wait and reopen seems to work at least when blindly typing I have pressed esc button and return to the current user (so system is not freezed).
Can I avoid that blank screen when switch user (I think this problem is related to hardware problem I had even with osx)?
To be clear with screen blanking I mean let's say no signal like if on external monitor I unplug the VGA cable.
Any suggestion?
Thanks