Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Apache Guacamole connections over WAN result in error

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
Rockingcool

Apache Guacamole connections over WAN result in error

#1 Post by Rockingcool »

Hey everyone,
This is my first post here, and I hope I'm in the right board.

I have set up Apache Guacamole on my server for remote access, and it works perfectly over the LAN. However, I want to access the server over the internet. I have configured a subdomain and a reverse proxy for the server (guac.domain.com redirects to localhost:8080), and I've restricted access based on IP address.

I am able to login to the server and view the connections, but when I actually try to use one (e.g. SSH), I get the message "Connected to Guacamole, waiting for response...", followed by a black screen, and then this error. Again, I have no problems over the LAN, and I have forwarded port 8080 (which Tomcat uses) to my server.

Here is the catalina.outfile from Tomcat. The last 11 lines pertain to my most recent attempt at connecting to the server via the internet.

How do I fix this error? Am I missing something in my guacamole configuration?
Thanks in advance.

flashydolphin8827

Re: Apache Guacamole connections over WAN result in error

#2 Post by flashydolphin8827 »

May I suggest that ou provide us with logfiles that way we may be able to diagnose and solve your problem faster amoung several members and the varying knowledge of configuring apache and ypur access control and security configuration files.