Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How to connect Windows Network-released Brother DCP-195C printer to CUPS on extern Debian in a (private) network?

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
ttom

How to connect Windows Network-released Brother DCP-195C printer to CUPS on extern Debian in a (private) network?

#1 Post by ttom »

In most cases USB-Printers are attached to physical Print Server or Pi's with CUPS to work as it.
PrintServer or Pi's should not be used since i do not have them.
OpenWRT Printserver on a Router cannot be used since the router ist located "far away" from the Brother DCP-195C printer

May be a stupid task, but I want to print via CUPS on Debian to a not device-attached Brother DCP-195C (RAW) printer on Windows via LAN.

This has been done:
- CUPS running on a NAS under Debian with OpenMediaVault5, specific Brother DCP-195C printer PPD have already been installed and -exept connection- configured.
- all Windows/Linux/MacOS/Android attached Machines are able to see the CUPS-configured Brother DCP-195C printer
- Samba is installed for OMV network releases and running smoothly with Windows
- Brother DCP-195C printer (RAW) on Windows10 via USB and is relaeaded as a network printer. It can be seen as "Brother_DCP-195C" in the Windows network
- Windows itself can be pinged from Debian
- a (Kyocera) Laser Printer with Build-in Network Card is running smoothly from "all worlds" (config was easy)

Major point: How to attach CUPS to a Windows-released USB Printer?

http://IP_Win10/Brother_DCP-195C does not work.

USB-over-IP might be the key - but
viewtopic.php?p=717569#p717569
is not exactly what i want to do.

Sorry if elsewhere this "problem" has been already solved.
A link to this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks for reply
ttom