Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Prevent initramfs from making .old directories under modules

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
finalturismo

Prevent initramfs from making .old directories under modules

#1 Post by finalturismo »

Ok so i never have any issues when I am using Debian install usually. I switch kernels, compile new ones and initramfs has this VERY annoying problem regarding just messing up my entire configuration for modules.... kernel;

It RANDOMLY. When it wants to makes a new folder under modules called .old. As soon as this happens it creates problems for me. Now i understand it does might do this because they are trying to prevent over righting of modules if you are using a new kernel or something that is infact the same version. But for me personally I would like to stop it from doing this all together. It ends up splitting my modules in half and mixing things up for me. I am not even sure why it is programmed to do this but it is annoying as hell. Well i kinda know why it is to prevent modules being mixed with different versioning. but i can just reboot and fix that once iam doing re compiling..... i would rather have the modules mix honestly. Because there is too many times when what you need is in the .old folder.