Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Phone tethering and connection manager configuration

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
sky555

Phone tethering and connection manager configuration

#1 Post by sky555 »

I'm using phone to get internet for my debian laptop. When I enabled usb tethering from phone, connection manager(xfce) made new wired connction, which works, but how should I configure it? Should I use 802.1x security for this connection. I put 9.9.9.9, 149.112.112.112(quad9) to dns servers, I don't understand what search domains field is for. If don't use ipv6, I should just change it to ignore?

flashydolphin8827

Re: Phone tethering and connection manager configuration

#2 Post by flashydolphin8827 »

It is kind of hard for the rest of us to assist you when you don't include the log file the might provide clues to other community members as to the root cause of your issues. Furthermore IMHO we could also better assist you if we knew wht cellular phone carrier hou are using as some of the cellular communications providers may cap your bandwidth at a certain predetermined limit every month. Another detail to provide us with Is weather or not your subscribed to your carriers tethering package as your problems might result from you not having tethering enabled on your cellular data plan.