Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Note about ChaosNet & the GNU Manifesto (Comments Welcome)

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
hihashi

Note about ChaosNet & the GNU Manifesto (Comments Welcome)

#1 Post by hihashi »

Upon reading the wiki entry, comprehensively, about Domain Name System, cited here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_Name_System

I noticed a major note about "ChaosNet". A direct link cited here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaosnet

People will have their own impressions of that information, upon reading about that, for certain. I think that, investigation into the topic of setting up & managing a DNS Server, might & should become a considerable interest to the larger Debian User Community.

There's an explicit concern noted about large companies like "Google", & there's as well an explicit note about,
The original GNU Manifesto mentioned that it aimed to, among other things, support the Chaosnet protocol.
I have taken up the interest in the topic, for myself, & as well as a few other users whom have commented somewhat scarcely about the topic within the Debian Forums thus far, wish to & am looking forward to learning more.

It's seemingly an implicit Duty Call for the OpenSource Linux Community Users to learn about DNS & work on setting up & managing their own Small Networks.

Appendum Note: Though yes, I am thinking that there's an implicit Duty Call for the OpenSource Linux User Community to learn about DNS & to start working on how to setup & manage a small Network, of perhaps an especial note about Small Local Area Networks, to start with. & even amidst ICANN & a few others of note, would the OpenSource Community get its' own top level domain to manage, eventually? Something like ".os" perhaps? It seems like an exciting topic.