Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

wifi manipulation isolated network pass from a container, advice?

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
debianforumuser1

wifi manipulation isolated network pass from a container, advice?

#1 Post by debianforumuser1 »

i have a question
i may sound weird,
i was wondering if is there any method that we could use, while using the only free debian,
that we could manipulate the wifi network connection inside of an isolated emulator, or a simple virtual box which could work at the background,
than pass it to the main system from that isolated env..?

i mean, we use free debian, and wifi driver is surely not included in most cases,
and it is hard when you use a laptop
you need to connect to the ethernet or by usb all of the time

by this way the isolated env would use the wifi hardware inside of itself and wouldnt have any access to the root sys
and would just deliver the network connection to the system

of course it isnt enough...there should be the clear hardware that wouldnt need such pain in case, but better than nothing.

i dont know how to do this
i cannot build it, it would take a lot of work and time to do that , that i dont have that for now
i was just wondering if is there any prebuilt project by anyone, or if you would have any idea, how or if could we do such thing?

so we wont be have to install the non free wifi driver.. at least.

ps
i managed out how to install only the specific wifi driver, keep the rest as it is but i dont wanna do that
i could surely buy a debian compatible laptop in future i have got no money
so

regards
yours
a person

peer

Re: wifi manipulation isolated network pass from a container, advice?

#2 Post by peer »

I have an old router (tp-link) I replaced the firmware with DD-WRT (https://dd-wrt.com/).
In DD-WRT I configured the router to "client mode" (https://forum.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Client_Mode)
Now I can connect a pc with a cable to this router. The router connects wireless to my main router.

debianforumuser1

Re: wifi manipulation isolated network pass from a container, advice?

#3 Post by debianforumuser1 »

i have exactly the same thing, i will try, :D
thank you peer , loves..