Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Problem with Debian Buster

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
keanbarton

Problem with Debian Buster

#1 Post by keanbarton »

Hi all, I didn't know where to post this. I upgraded from Debian Stretch to Buster about 3 months ago. All was fine until yesterday when I got the message that the drive was full. On inspection I found that sometbing was nesting directories until the drive filled up. One in particular was /usr/bin/X11. It's happening as I speak. Clicking on the link to X11 I got this: /usr/bin/X11/X11/X11/X11/X11/X11/X11/X11/X11/X11/X11/X11/X11/X11/X11/X11/X11/ but could have gone further. It will keep going until the drive fills up.

Has anyone else noticed this or heard of this. Smells like a virus to me. Any help appreciated.

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Problem with Debian Buster

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

keanbarton wrote:I upgraded from Debian Stretch to Buster
Did you read and follow the detailed instructions in the Debian buster release notes? If you provide more details then we might be able to tell you if you made any mistakes.

Check the systemd journal for any clues, it records pretty much everything.
keanbarton wrote:Smells like a virus to me
Smells like PEBKAC to me :mrgreen:
deadbang

PsySc0rpi0n

Re: Problem with Debian Buster

#3 Post by PsySc0rpi0n »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:
keanbarton wrote:I upgraded from Debian Stretch to Buster
Did you read and follow the detailed instructions in the Debian buster release notes? If you provide more details then we might be able to tell you if you made any mistakes.

Check the systemd journal for any clues, it records pretty much everything.
keanbarton wrote:Smells like a virus to me
Smells like PEBKAC to me :mrgreen:
Why you say that looks like PEBKAC??? That really looks odd.
Ih which circumstances you get such an outcome?