Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

lg4ff uninstall

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
phoenix_art

lg4ff uninstall

#1 Post by phoenix_art »

Hello!

I installed lg4ff for my logitech wheel with using this instruction: https://github.com/berarma/new-lg4ff. Everything was complete but after restart my computer my usb keyboard and mouse stopped working.

Please help me restore the previous state!

Thank you!

stevepusser

Re: lg4ff uninstall

#2 Post by stevepusser »

The simplest way would be to restore from your last backup...

If you can't get a working keyboard, removing that modified module per their instructions seems like trouble. You could probably boot a live Linux session, chroot into your installed Debian, and then fix it in that chroot session. I think MX Linux has some GUI tools for chrooting in it that makes it simpler for those users that haven't done that before...
MX Linux packager and developer

Head_on_a_Stick

#3 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

The Debian ISO image has a "rescue mode" that can be used to obtain a shell in the broken system so you can repair the damage wrought:

https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/ ... 06.en.html
deadbang

phoenix_art

#4 Post by phoenix_art »

stevepusser wrote:The simplest way would be to restore from your last backup...

If you can't get a working keyboard, removing that modified module per their instructions seems like trouble. You could probably boot a live Linux session, chroot into your installed Debian, and then fix it in that chroot session. I think MX Linux has some GUI tools for chrooting in it that makes it simpler for those users that haven't done that before...
Thanks for your help.

I didn't have any backup yet, this is a fresh installation of debian I usually make backup when everything is ready on the system.
Fortunately I don't need any live Linux method for repairing because I managed to install remote desktop service and I can use the computer from my other machine but I don't know what to do exactly for solve this problem, I tried to find what lg4ff installation do with my system and do some uninstall/removal procedure but the wrong module is still in the system as it seems. Also I can use this computer with ps2 connected keyboard so my usb connection is conflicting with something I think. But other usb devices works as usual like external hard drive etc.

phoenix_art

#5 Post by phoenix_art »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:The Debian ISO image has a "rescue mode" that can be used to obtain a shell in the broken system so you can repair the damage wrought:

https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/ ... 06.en.html
The rescue mode was my first idea to repair the system but after booting there my usb keyboard/mouse still don't work.

Head_on_a_Stick

#6 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

If the keyboard and mouse don't work in the live environment then that suggests a hardware problem.

Did you actually read my link? The "rescue mode" described therein is not accessed from your installed system's GRUB menu — that's "recovery mode", which is a different thing entirely.
deadbang

phoenix_art

#7 Post by phoenix_art »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:If the keyboard and mouse don't work in the live environment then that suggests a hardware problem.

Did you actually read my link? The "rescue mode" described therein is not accessed from your installed system's GRUB menu — that's "recovery mode", which is a different thing entirely.
You are right, sorry I really confused rescue mode with recovery mode. I didn't have time for read your description on the link yet but I'll do and test soon. Thanks again.