Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Dragging window out of screen border in Mate

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
fellipec

Dragging window out of screen border in Mate

#1 Post by fellipec »

Hello folks

I've two laptops with those small 1024x600 screens. In one of them I run RaspberryPi OS and the other Debian 10 with Mate desktop.
Turn out that some windows, for example, guake preferences, are too tall for the small screen. On the RaspberryPi OS (That uses LXDE I think) I can drag or use ALT+Space and move the window past the upper border of the screen so I can reach for the lower part of the tall window. But I can't do that on Mate, it refuses to move the window up as soon as the title bar touches the limit of the laptop screen.

I wonder if there is some configuration I can change to allow such behavior in Mate.

Thanks in advance

FellipeC

bin

Re: Dragging window out of screen border in Mate

#2 Post by bin »

Right click on any accessible part of the window border > select resize.

You may need to shrink it and then shuffle it up the screen a bit a couple of times depending on how big it is.