Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

KDE - decrease interface size

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Qvale

KDE - decrease interface size

#1 Post by Qvale »

Hello!

What's the best way to decrease the size of interface elements? I've got a large HD (non-4K) monitor and the icons are too big while the spacing between text is too large. For example, under Status & Notifications the icons are bigger than text, so the text appears double or triple-spaced.

I've tried scaling in System Settings > Displays and Monitor, but it only offers to make elements bigger. Attempting

Code: Select all

xrandr --dpi 72 && kquitapp5 plasmashell && kstart5 plasmashell
recommended here makes icons slightly smaller, but text size is reduced much more, which unfortunately exacerbates the problem.

I also tried decreasing all icon sizes by one notch in System Settings > Icons (except Small icons, which were already at the lowest setting) and restarted the computer. This only narrowed the gaps between quick launch icons on the taskbar, while the icon sizes don't appear to have changed.

Qvale