Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[SOLVED] Must to log in twice

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Titan10

[SOLVED] Must to log in twice

#1 Post by Titan10 »

Hi,

To enter my session I have to log in twice. The first time, after I write my credentials, I get a black screen which redirects me to the form, then I can write my credentials again and it works. To be more precise, it only happens when I am connected to the Internet (by WIFI or Ethernet)...

I have a freshly installed Debian 10 + Xfce.

I tried to remove and reinstall "lightdm", to reconfigure it with "dpkg-configure", but I have the same problem. Now I'm rummaging through the logs ("/var/log/lightdm/") to try to find a lead, but maybe the problem is elsewhere. The other topics of the same problem on the Internet did not help me unfortunately.

I accept any help from you :)

Have a good day,
Titan.
Last edited by Titan10 on 2021-08-03 18:45, edited 1 time in total.

Titan10

Re: Must to log in twice

#2 Post by Titan10 »

I didn't know how to solve this problem and I noticed that I didn't have some packages like "light-locker" (nor "xscreensaver", maybe because I installed Debian 10 offline, but I'm still surprised that it was not there), so I reinstalled Debian 10 (with an Internet connection this time) and it works now.

Unfortunately I would not have figure out why and I won't be able to share it with you :(

(Edit: I don't know how to mark this topic "solved")

ticojohn

Re: Must to log in twice

#3 Post by ticojohn »

Titan10 wrote: 2021-08-03 14:24 I didn't know how to solve this problem and I noticed that I didn't have some packages like "light-locker" (nor "xscreensaver", maybe because I installed Debian 10 offline, but I'm still surprised that it was not there), so I reinstalled Debian 10 (with an Internet connection this time) and it works now.

Unfortunately I would not have figure out why and I won't be able to share it with you :(

(Edit: I don't know how to mark this topic "solved")
Glad you got it working. To mark as solved you need to edit the original post. Click on the edit icon and then edit the subject line.
I am not irrational, I'm just quantum probabilistic.