Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Any good kodi18 repository for Stretch?

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
bester69

Any good kodi18 repository for Stretch?

#1 Post by bester69 »

HI,

Do you know from anywhere to get kodi18 for debian 9?.. Ive being using fltapak's kodi18 in strecth but video gpu doesnt work well in old laptops.. even 720p movies gets lag issues...So only way for me to install kodi18 and workaround this issues would be to install Libreelec and dont like to reboot ,syncing addons and be using ssh remote connection from movile to manage addons and some needed tweaks.

I think deb-multimedia got kodi18 in repositories but after installed it crashes on lauching :shock:

Thanks in advanced.. an have a nice day
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

Bloom
df -h | grep > 90TiB
df -h | grep > 90TiB

Re: Any good kodi18 repository for Stretch?

#2 Post by Bloom »

Perhaps you should try Kodi 19.1. It is in Bullseye, the new stable.
If you don't want to upgrade to Bullseye, you could add the Bullesye main repo with a preference setting of -1 or something like, so that it is never chosen automatically but can only be used manually.
Then you can use:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -t bullseye kodi libtorrent-rasterbar10

ticojohn

#3 Post by ticojohn »

I ran into problems using Kodi 17.6 while on Buster, just after Bullseye RC1 became available. It seems that many of the Kodi addons transitioned to a newer versions of Python and Gtk. The newer addons did not work well, or at all, with Kodi 17.6 so I upgraded to Bullseye and installed Kodi 19 (which works very well). Had Kodi 19 been in the Buster backports at that time I might not have upgraded to Bullseye (but I'm glad I did).

As to good repositories, none of them are in Stretch. You just have to search the internet for the specific types of addons you are looking for and then read the ratings.
I am not irrational, I'm just quantum probabilistic.

bester69

#4 Post by bester69 »

ticojohn wrote: 2021-08-16 14:15 I ran into problems using Kodi 17.6 while on Buster, just after Bullseye RC1 became available. It seems that many of the Kodi addons transitioned to a newer versions of Python and Gtk. The newer addons did not work well, or at all, with Kodi 17.6 so I upgraded to Bullseye and installed Kodi 19 (which works very well). Had Kodi 19 been in the Buster backports at that time I might not have upgraded to Bullseye (but I'm glad I did).

As to good repositories, none of them are in Stretch. You just have to search the internet for the specific types of addons you are looking for and then read the ratings.
wont upgrate to Bullseye till get a new laptop computer... I tried with buster and got a very bad experience due to my low cpu or gpu.. the thing was i noticed dowsguards performance in desktop experience sensations.. Plasma didnt felt it as smooth as with stretch..so went back to stretch which I m very happy with as for sensations user experience for my low spec. 2008's laptop... I dont still have any need to upgrade cos.. most apps are available for stretch or by using snaps...I think debian 9 support ends by 2023.. still two years to go :)
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...