Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Cinnamon "+ Add to panel"

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
appye

Cinnamon "+ Add to panel"

#1 Post by appye »

Hello,

I have several systems I manage that are all doing the same thing. They have all been upgraded to Bullseye. When they were running Buster, I had "CobiWindowList" on the panel, which would correctly pin anything I chose to add to it from the Cinnamon menu. With Bullseye, I chose to uninstall that applet and go with the "Grouped window list" Cinnamon now comes preinstalled with. Now, when I choose to add an item to the panel from the menu, it instead adds them to the "Panel launchers" applet, automatically adding that applet to the panel, even if it was not added before. I hope that makes sense. Opening an app and choosing to pin it to the panel from there works fine.

This behavior does not occur on a system that was freshly installed with Bullseye a few days ago, nor does it occur on new user accounts created on an upgraded system. I am guessing this can be cured by blowing away some Cinnamon 3.8 centric config file in the home folders somewhere?

appye

Re: Cinnamon "+ Add to panel"

#2 Post by appye »

So nevermind I guess ... Seems to have fixed itself. As my 5 year old says, DID YOU RESTART YOUR COMPUTER?