Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Bullseye's LibreOffice crashes opening CSV

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Xan

Bullseye's LibreOffice crashes opening CSV

#1 Post by Xan »

Hello all,

I recently upgraded my desktop from Buster to Bullseye. So far so great. But I seem to be unable to open even the simplest CSV file in LibreOffice. This definitely worked fine in the version on Buster.

I attempted to fix this issue by deleting ~/.openoffice.org and moving ~/.config/libreoffice to ~/.config/libreoffice_bak. That does seem to get me a new LibreOffice profile, but I still have the same problem.

What's really weird is that I created another user account on the same machine, and I'm able to open the file with no problem.

Does anyone have any idea what I can fix about (presumably?) my homedir to fix this problem?

mm3100

Re: Bullseye's LibreOffice crashes opening CSV

#2 Post by mm3100 »

Run LibreOffice from console and try to open the file, copy what it returns.

Xan

Re: Bullseye's LibreOffice crashes opening CSV

#3 Post by Xan »

Thanks for your help!

It prints this, that is, nothing:

Code: Select all

$ libreoffice test.csv 
$
And from observing top, what's happening is that soffice.bin is running away with all the memory on the machine, which takes several seconds, after which it gets OOM'd by the kernel.