Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[solved] Evolution "failed to open calendar" on any calendar

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
jzroth

[solved] Evolution "failed to open calendar" on any calendar

#1 Post by jzroth »

I've been unable to use Evolution calendar since upgrading to Bullseye. When I try to open any calendar, it tried to load for about an image, then displays a red error box with:
Failed to open calendar “On This Computer : Personal”
Unable to connect to “Personal”: Timeout was reached
Meanwhile the terminal I'm running Evolution from displays nothing.

(any new calendar I create fails to open in the same way)

I tried to fully reset my Evolution setup by stopping all Evolution processes, then doing:

Code: Select all

~$ rm -r .local/share/evolution/ .config/evolution/ .cache/evolution/
~$ sudo apt purge libevolution evolution evolution-plugins evolution-plugin-pstimport evolution-plugin-bogofilter evolution-dev evolution-data-server evolution-data-server-common evolution-common
~$ sudo apt install libevolution evolution evolution-plugins evolution-plugin-pstimport evolution-plugin-bogofilter evolution-dev evolution-data-server evolution-data-server-common evolution-common
and then restarting Evolution, but the problem persists. Does anyone know how to fix this? Strangely enough, this problem didn't occur on my Debian laptop when I upgraded it, but I can't figure out what the relevant difference is.
Last edited by jzroth on 2021-09-25 19:29, edited 1 time in total.

bester69

Re: Evolution "failed to open calendar" on any calendar

#2 Post by bester69 »

Evolution is a pain in e... , Ive found kontact give less troubles...ive been using kmail since long with no troubles...

perhaps , you could try with flatpak version same version in order to see if it replicates problem, and search for some help in evolution forum... I like very much evolution look , but when i tried I got many troubles with accounts, authority, certificates and things like that
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

jzroth

Re: Evolution "failed to open calendar" on any calendar

#3 Post by jzroth »

It... works again? But I didn't do anything. Must have been a routine update to some library.