Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Merging audio and video streams

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Del

Merging audio and video streams

#1 Post by Del »

I pay a subscription to a site to watch live TV. It only supports two browsers (Chrome(ium) and Firefox). Both of the browsers have small but annoying problems which can make it irritating to watch.

Using the developer tools in the browsers I can copy the URLs for the audio and video m3u8 files (would they be files?).

VLC and MPV can play these streams without any problems at all. One instance of MPV can play the audio and another the video but I can't skip backwards or forwards through the live stream without the two getting out of sync.

Is there any way of merging the two streams into one and playing it through MPV (for example) making it possible to skip backwards and forwards, and pausing it without the video and audio getting out of sync?

The site in question is https://eurosportplayer.com

CwF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Merging audio and video streams

#2 Post by CwF »

for MPV you can use the switch "--audio-file path" to play with the video file.
check man mpv

Del

#3 Post by Del »

Perfect. Thank you :)

I have read the manual just not in its entirety LOL There's quite a bit to take in.

Hund

#4 Post by Hund »

What kind of issues do you have with the web browsers?
Collect memories, not things.