Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Solved] Pipewire - Failed to receive portal pid: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NameHasNoOwner

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
TripleK2004

[Solved] Pipewire - Failed to receive portal pid: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NameHasNoOwner

#1 Post by TripleK2004 »

Was running pipewire replacing alsa as directed in Debian wiki and it was fine till yesterday . The systemd unit states the following

Code: Select all

Dec 01 08:02:51 debian systemd[443]: Started Multimedia Service.
Dec 01 08:02:51 debian pipewire[1175]: could not set nice-level to -11: No such file or directory
Dec 01 08:02:51 debian pipewire[1175]: could not make thread realtime: No such file or directory
Dec 01 08:02:51 debian pipewire[1175]: Failed to receive portal pid: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NameHasNoOwner: Could not get PID of name 'org.freedesktop.portal.Des
ktop': no such name
Dec 01 08:02:51 debian pipewire-media-session[1188]: could not set nice-level to -11: No such file or directory
Dec 01 08:02:51 debian pipewire-media-session[1188]: could not make thread realtime: No such file or directory
I did lookup for the issue reported in other forums , but they were all related to Pipewire-PulseAudio configuration
As per the discussion in those forums I did install xdg-desktop-portal and dbus-user-session and i am running my window manager with `exec dbus-launch --exit-with-session dwm` in my ~/.xinitrc
The system is uptodate and hasnt updates in between I faced the issue

Solved the `could not set nice level` errors by installing `rtkit`
Solved by starting the systemd user unit xdg-desktop-portal.service