Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Touchpad not working in mate

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
RaggedRat

Touchpad not working in mate

#1 Post by RaggedRat »

Touchpad is working on the lightdm login screen but as soon as I'm logged in and in mate it ceases to work.
I need all keyboard/command line solutions.

When using mate-control-center from the command line (as supervisor) I could navigate to the mouse settings icon but couldn't select it with either enter or spacebar.

fch

Re: Touchpad not working in mate

#2 Post by fch »

it happens to me every now and then, but I am using debian sid, what fixes it between an update and the next is a EC reset. Not sure if it helps, but you could try it.

RaggedRat

#3 Post by RaggedRat »

EC ?

fch

#4 Post by fch »

Embedded Controller, on my I just have to start pressing ctrl+alt+del+power and wait for a forced reboot. But please check how it works on your machine as it may change from machine to machine.

RaggedRat

#5 Post by RaggedRat »

It works in the login screen so I doubt it's the controller

fch

#6 Post by fch »

right, for me it does sometines at the login screen, so the EC reboot fixes for me.