Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

What's wrong with streaming video playback

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
BenPearson

What's wrong with streaming video playback

#1 Post by BenPearson »

I have had this problem with the last two Debian releases, I am now on Bullseye. This problem is browser, resolution and website agnostic. Streaming video playback works fine for about two or three hours total over say 3 or 4 days of playback. At a point video stalls and audio continues, or all playback begins to Timeout every 10 seconds or so. Cache flushes do not work. Restarting the browser does not work, logging out and in again does not work. The problem only resolves with a full reboot, then playback is fine again for a while and the problem repeats. My Bullseye install is fairly new so I do not think it is a userspace issue. And, like I said I had the same problem with the previous Debian release.

So, this seems to be a system problem and I need to know how to fix it.