Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

DVB-apps (gnutv) in bullseye

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
CwF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

DVB-apps (gnutv) in bullseye

#1 Post by CwF »

Anybody using it in bullseye or bookworm?

It has been broke for awhile now and I tried working on it yesterday with no success. It appears to work while producing empty streams. It's a long story, but I have menu's and schedulers built since Jessie that now need rebuilt...I'm probably just late to the party as usual and some alternatives do work, are newer and maintained, so...

jmgibson1981

Re: DVB-apps (gnutv) in bullseye

#2 Post by jmgibson1981 »

Until now I've never heard of GnuTV. That being said I don't hear about a lot of things. I've been using MythTV. I put it into a Docker with it's own dedicated MariaDB. Works great. Feed the tuner to it.

https://gitlab.com/jmgibson1981/homescr ... ker/mythtv

CwF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: DVB-apps (gnutv) in bullseye

#3 Post by CwF »

Yep, myth is a little fat for me. My setup is more like a headless server, except it isn't. It's simply cron doing up to 7 channel time-shifting to memory. No interface really except cli. To watch mpv does fine, through simple menus based on gnutv use.
on Bullseye other tuning methods break mpv's ability to recycle a window, we'll see. I'll revert to buster's version it appears. It's been bulletproof for a long time.