Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Missing instructions to build, maintainer has a amnesia ?

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
NarriT4010

Missing instructions to build, maintainer has a amnesia ?

#1 Post by NarriT4010 »

I would like to build this programm and add it to my $PATH because another programm needs it. But I don't know how.
https://github.com/ihaveamac/ctr_toolkit :?:
How would you start when you want to build without a script ?
Does somebody have thoughts on this he would like to share with me please ?

NorthEast

Re: Missing instructions to build, maintainer has a amnesia ?

#2 Post by NorthEast »

The toolkit's last update is mostly 9 years old, with one file 8 years and another file 6 years old since update. That may not matter of course in terms of its usage but I cannot say not having used these tools. I was able to make the tools all except for "make_banner" which wouldn't compile but gives the error as to why. With the other tools, after cloning the tookit, I navigated to the directories which had makefiles, ran: make, and they compiled leaving the executable in the same directory make was run. That left each tool in its own directory. There are several ways that one can proceed from there to use the tools or to bring them into the PATH. You could create the tool's names in a directory already in the PATH and link them to the executables in the directories in which those executables live. You could alternatively move or copy the executables to a directory in the PATH such as /usr/local/bin or /home/<username>/bin. The gcc version I used to compile was gcc-11/testing,now 11.2.0-20 amd64.