Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Xfce Panel Profiles for backup, restore, import and export of panel layouts

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
karamel

Xfce Panel Profiles for backup, restore, import and export of panel layouts

#1 Post by karamel »

Hi,
is there any hope that the xfce4-panel-profiles package will be offered in the official debian repositories? What would be the requirement for xfce4-panel-profiles to be included in the debian repositories?
Xfce Panel Profiles (xfce4-panel-profiles, formerly known as xfpanel-switch) is a simple application to manage Xfce panel layouts.

With the modular Xfce Panel, a multitude of panel layouts can be created. This tool makes it possible to backup, restore, import, and export these panel layouts.
https://docs.xfce.org/apps/xfce4-panel-profiles/start

Thank you!
Last edited by karamel on 2022-08-15 05:12, edited 1 time in total.

dlu2021

Re: Xfce Panel Profiles for backup, restore, import and export of panel layouts

#2 Post by dlu2021 »

It looks like there is some hope, yes:

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/xfce4-panel-profiles

It looks like it was added in 2022, and is currently in testing, which means that it is possible for it to get into the next release.

CwF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#3 Post by CwF »

It will be nice when we can get this into a button that can switch the desktop among differing 'toolsets' in a way similar to workspaces. Then the expensive widgets like genmons and the like would not be running and invisible, but actually 'OFF'. Additionally, simplified Light/Dark mode integration.

karamel

#4 Post by karamel »

It would be nice if the export and import features were available in the main menu in a clickable manner. Then the feature would be discovered and used more quickly :) .

CwF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#5 Post by CwF »

I just looked at this again since I would like to have scriptable layout changes. Not so interested in a redundant way to back up the panel config.
I took a stab in a minimal i386 VM and it needed to install 11 extra packages!
In a more reasonably configured amd64 vm it just needs two new gui packages. I maybe don't need those...
We'll see...