Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

btrfs drive not being seen by plex or kodi.

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
delina

btrfs drive not being seen by plex or kodi.

#1 Post by delina »

I found that it works fine if I first create a GPT partition and put btrfs inside. But if I use mkfs. btrfs to partition a blank drive, then mount that drive in fstab by label and not by UUID. I do not use btrfs raids of any kind. The problem occurs all the data will not be seen by plex or Kodi.

I hope someone can find out why and fix it. It took me months and a few versions of Debian to figure this out.

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

Re: btrfs drive not being seen by plex or kodi.

#2 Post by sunrat »

Creating a partition and then formatting with a filesystem is normal. I've heard it's possible to format an unpartitioned drive but it's definitely non-standard so it's no wonder an application doesn't see it.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: btrfs drive not being seen by plex or kodi.

#3 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Please share the content of /etc/fstab and the output of

Code: Select all

blkid
findmnt
I don't see why a partitionless disk wouldn't work. The application just sees the filesystem mount.
deadbang