Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Thunar: right-click on files does not work right [solved?]

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Gullible Jones

Thunar: right-click on files does not work right [solved?]

#1 Post by Gullible Jones »

I just installed gnome-mplayer and gecko-mediaplayer on Debian Squeeze (after removing Parole and its browser plugin). Now when I right-click on a file in Thunar, the menu instantly vanishes unless I hold the right mouse button down. The menu works fine, but having to hold the button down is mildly annoying.

The funny thing is, right-clicking on the background in Thunar works exactly as expected; I never have to hold down the button. And this is definitely not a mouse problem, because I can observe the exact same behavior with any mouse or touchpad.

Can anyone tell me what happened and how to fix it?

Update: switching to a different GTK theme seems to have fixed it, so for now I'll say it's solved.

Llewton

Re: Thunar: right-click on files does not work right [solved

#2 Post by Llewton »

when you have this type of problem, it's your theme.
go to the gtkrc for the theme, and comment out this line

Code: Select all

gtk-menu-popup-delay
since it causes the bug.

Gullible Jones

#3 Post by Gullible Jones »

Ah... You learn something new every day. Thanks. :)

gusnan

#4 Post by gusnan »

I just ran into this on my unstable virtual machine, and your hint fixed it! Thanks Llewton!

secipolla

#5 Post by secipolla »

I reported the bug quite some time ago ( http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=624328 ), the developer/maintainer did answer but "felt" he should do nothing (I've even emailed him afterwards to say that those settings didn't make sense).
Maybe if you guys answer the bug report, confirming it, he decides to fix it.