Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[?]Are Realtek Audio Drivers for Linux available for use

Need help with peripherals or devices?
bkpsusmitaa

Re: [?]Are Realtek Audio Drivers for Linux available for use

#21 Post by bkpsusmitaa »

FreewheelinFrank wrote:... It looks like firmware isn't going to fix the sound issue then.
Okay, in the meanwhile I have posted another Question to solve a regularly irritating usual meandering of the system to the proper firmware flavour in respect of iwlwifi, here: [?]Load directly firmware iwlwifi flavour than meandering
I have faith in you and am sure that the current matter shall be sorted out within a short time.
Freedom is impossible to conceive.
Books that help:
Dale Carnegie's How To Win Friends And Influence People and Emilie Post's Etiquette In Society, In Business, In Politics, And At Home

FreewheelinFrank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#22 Post by FreewheelinFrank »

I should have spotted that right away, as I used to see the same firmware warnings in Stretch.

I know you mentioned an issue that is preventing you from upgrading, but it is possible that the snd-hda-intel driver in Stretch might not be up to date enough to provide all functionality with your card. Bullseye is near release. When a live CD/USB becomes available (if it isn't already) it might be worth investigating if Alsa in the latest kernel a)fixes your problem and b) doesn't have the same blocking issue.

Issues with sound cards are fixed in newer kernels, and the Stretch kernel is quite long in the tooth now.

bkpsusmitaa

#23 Post by bkpsusmitaa »

FreewheelinFrank wrote:I... ... your latest post ... ...
First, please stop blaming yourself. You are a true samaritan.

Next, kindly peruse the post linked here. Data is unduly wasted in downloads of ISOs.
Freedom is impossible to conceive.
Books that help:
Dale Carnegie's How To Win Friends And Influence People and Emilie Post's Etiquette In Society, In Business, In Politics, And At Home