Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[SOLVED] Inbuilt microphone not working Debian Bulleye/sid

Need help with peripherals or devices?
4joeyirosh1

Re: Inbuilt microphone not working Debian Bulleye/sid

#21 Post by 4joeyirosh1 »

Now I have restarted my machine and I can record sound while headphones still conencted.Pavucontrol shows microphone unplugged with internal microphone active with headphones connected.

Its just weird.No consistency.If I restart machine,sound recording may or may not work while headphones plugged in :? :o :shock:

Output of pacmd list-sources | grep -e 'index:' -e device.string -e 'name:' still as shown in my last post.

4joeyirosh1

#22 Post by 4joeyirosh1 »

After further research,I think I found a solution on link https://askubuntu.com/questions/1218136 ... headphones and it seems the solution that talks of

Code: Select all

apt install alsa-tools-gui

hdajackretask
also works for my Debian.I will monitor for a few days if there are any challenges with this solution before I indicate this post is solved.

FreewheelinFrank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#23 Post by FreewheelinFrank »

Yes, hdajackretask is the fix I alluded to previously, although you have experienced the problem with different symptoms.
FreewheelinFrank wrote:I saw some posts about this card/codec combination that say there is an issue where the internal microphone doesn't work except when a headset with microphone is plugged in (when of course it shouldn't). Might be worth checking out if that happens because there is a fix.
The driver is looking for an external microphone on that pin, and plugging in headphones confuses it. With hdajackretask you can retask the jack from headset with microphone to headphones so the driver won't get confused. Don't forget to install the boot override if the fix works so it will stick after reboot.

Hope that works for you.