Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Solved] Need a usb-wifi dongle for Logitech k400 Plus

Need help with peripherals or devices?
bester69

[Solved] Need a usb-wifi dongle for Logitech k400 Plus

#1 Post by bester69 »

Hi,

I got a new wifi logitech keyboard, but came without dongle key.... I saw they work with something called:
USB Unifying and seems to use software propietary; these dongles look like this.:

My model keyboard is.: Logitech k400plus

So, is there any universal dongle or what model can i buy that be linux compatible and recognise this model keyboard? :roll:

Thanks a lot.
Last edited by bester69 on 2021-07-14 19:51, edited 1 time in total.
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

Re: Need a usb-wifi dongle for Logitech k400 Plus

#2 Post by arochester »

I have a K400+.

I was confused when I could not find the dongle.

If you take off the little panel on the back - look inside the little panel.

CwF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#3 Post by CwF »

stevepusser

#4 Post by stevepusser »

You need solaar if the included receiver isn't paired with the keyboard--the one that comes with it should already be--or if you have to get a new one and you need to add the keyboard to it. You may be able to find a used one for sale cheap, or then you can try a Logitech mouse, new or used, that has the receiver. Mice and keyboards may break or wear out, but the receivers are almost indestructible, so there should be a surplus of the little things--unless their size leads to them getting lost.

Experience with the things: Have had both a Logitech mouse and the k400+ keyboard at one time, and can confirm that Solaar works as advertised.
Last edited by stevepusser on 2021-07-14 19:10, edited 1 time in total.
MX Linux packager and developer

bester69

#5 Post by bester69 »

arochester wrote: 2021-07-14 17:50 I have a K400+.

I was confused when I could not find the dongle.

If you take off the little panel on the back - look inside the little panel.
OMG!!!! Suddenly appeared that little thing was in another dimenssion ..i swear there wasny any dongle anywhere , now I opened the battery tap again , didnt see anything. then went to pùt back the keyboard in the box and there, it was the dongle :shock: :lol: ..this is similar to socks washing machine when they travel in time and space :)

the good thing of this story is that i reported it to amazon and they give me back the money and the keyboard for free ... :o , well., I got a keyboard for free just for reporting there wasnt the dongle in the box.. :twisted:

Ok, thanks mate..you made my day :o ... Now im gonna check if it works in debian...
Last edited by bester69 on 2021-07-14 19:14, edited 1 time in total.
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

bester69

#6 Post by bester69 »

stevepusser wrote: 2021-07-14 19:07 You need solaar if the included receiver isn't paired with the keyboard--the one that comes with it should already be--or if you have to get a new one and you need to add the keyboard to it. You may be able to find a used one for sale cheap, or then you can try a Logitech mouse, new or used, that has the receiver. Mice and keyboards may break or wear out, but the receivers are almost indestructible, so there should be a surplus of the little things--unless their size leads to them getting lost.
Hi Steve. so long.. :o

I bought a logitech mouse with a USB Unifying dongle, but as you can see, Ive just found out the dongle was somewhere hidden in the box...so, I can start linking with this one in order to verify amd confirm you it works..

Thanks, a lot--I will tell you later

bester69

#7 Post by bester69 »

ok, everything good.. :o , thanks a lot

by the way. do you know what is yellow button for (k400 model) and how to use Fn funtions buttons? :?:

arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

Re: [Solved] Need a usb-wifi dongle for Logitech k400 Plus

#8 Post by arochester »

The yellow button in the upper left corner functions as a left mouse click for those who prefer two-handed control.
F1-F12 keys: To activate F1, simply press on Fn+ back
or do you mean the shortcut keys?

Manual here: https://secure.logitech.com/en-gb/manua ... 6#section3

bester69

Re: [Solved] Need a usb-wifi dongle for Logitech k400 Plus

#9 Post by bester69 »

arochester wrote: 2021-07-14 20:43
The yellow button in the upper left corner functions as a left mouse click for those who prefer two-handed control.
F1-F12 keys: To activate F1, simply press on Fn+ back
or do you mean the shortcut keys?

Manual here: https://secure.logitech.com/en-gb/manua ... 6#section3
OK, sorry.. I check them again and they 're working well

sorry again, thanks.

ticojohn

#10 Post by ticojohn »

bester69 wrote: 2021-07-14 19:50 ok, everything good.. :o , thanks a lot

by the way. do you know what is yellow button for (k400 model) and how to use Fn funtions buttons? :?:
I've been using a K400 for several years with my Intel NUC. Fn key activation is a real pain in the back side. Here's what I have found and it is rather clumsy, especially for me (big hands). Press and hold FN button at the bottom left of the keyboard while simultaneously pressing the ctrl and alt to the right of the space bar. While doing that press the Fn key (eg F1 or F7). Like I said, a pain in the backside. I haven't tried the suggestion by @arochester, but if you did the Fn+back how would you get back to the desktop? I'll check it out.

I just tried the Fn+back as suggested and it does nothing on my K400.
I am not irrational, I'm just quantum probabilistic.