Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Intel Corporation XMM7360 LTE Advanced Modem

Need help with peripherals or devices?
pit

Intel Corporation XMM7360 LTE Advanced Modem

#1 Post by pit »

Hello, need help with this LTE modem(Wireless controller [0d40]: Intel Corporation XMM7360 LTE Advanced Modem [8086:7360] (rev 01)), have it on X13 Yoga Gen1. Not supported officially so I used module and python script from https://github.com/xmm7360/xmm7360-pci.
That seems to work as after loading module and running the script I get wwan0 iface with an ip, and script updates resolv.conf with some reasonable values.
However was not able and not sure how to proceed further, not only it was probably wheezy when I last time configured network manually(with ifconfig and route), I'm also not sure how does network manager deals with such unmanaged interfaces.
Tried to simply remove default wifi route and add a new default via wwan0 dev but any host becomes unreachable after that, not sure how to debug.
Are there any chances to put such connection under control of the network manager or it's better to run a custom script to set up iface and routes?
Debian GNU/Linux x64 Bullseye
Thinkpad P50, Thinkpad X13 Yoga Gen1

pit

Re: Intel Corporation XMM7360 LTE Advanced Modem

#2 Post by pit »

can be closed also, has been solved by changing wwan connection metric, all the rest (exclude lacking normal modem manager/network manager support) seems to work fine
Debian GNU/Linux x64 Bullseye
Thinkpad P50, Thinkpad X13 Yoga Gen1