Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Ryzen 7 5700G - VGA + HDMI

Need help with peripherals or devices?
gabriel.quintana

Ryzen 7 5700G - VGA + HDMI

#1 Post by gabriel.quintana »

Hello.

I bought a new processor (Ryzen 7 5700G) and installed Debian Bullseye. As a first step, I have already downloaded and updated the video drivers and also downloaded the non-free AMD firmware:

Code: Select all

# apt-get install firmware-amd-graphics libgl1-mesa-dri libglx-mesa0 mesa-vulkan-drivers xserver-xorg-video-all
Well, everything is working fine, including the resolution. However, I have a specific problem:

- When I try to use two video outputs at the same time (VGA and HDMI), the system just doesn't start, being in an eternal loop.

To be clearer:

* When I leave only the HDMI output connected, the system starts normally, and if I put the VGA output after that, it works normally;

* If I reboot, or simply turn on the machine with the HDMI and VGA outputs turned on at the same time, the system will just restart in a loop.

Here is some information that may be important:

Code: Select all

gabriel@debian-home:~$ uname -a
Linux debian-home 5.10.0-13-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.106-1 (2022-03-17) x86_64 GNU/Linux

gabriel@debian-home:~$ lspci -k | grep amdgpu
	Kernel driver in use: amdgpu
	Kernel modules: amdgpu
Could anyone help me with this?

Thank you very much.