Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

L2TPNS on DLINK DIR-826L

Need help with peripherals or devices?
dannii

L2TPNS on DLINK DIR-826L

#1 Post by dannii »

Hello! This is an extremely newb question; however, I am busting my head googling and searching, but can't find my way.

I'm running L2tpns on a Debian VM on Google Cloud, in order to try and setup a tunnel using my Dlink DIR-826L router (user manual:https://eu.dlink.com/-/media/Consumer_P ... ual_EN.pdf)

There is a section on L2TP, however, I am a bit confused as to how the router is setup:

My question being, by only setting up the L2TP Server IP Address, username and password should be enough, correct?

Also, on the l2TPns server side, file /etc/l2tpns/users reads the following:
# List username:password combinations here for cli users
To which I have added the following:

testuser:test

Is this ok?

I cannot seem to be hitting the L2TP server though, and I am guessing I am setting up something wrong on my router? Sadly Dlink forums are not working at the moment, so any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.