Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Bluetooth Intel 8265 - can connect, but cannot remember any device

Need help with peripherals or devices?
grgr

Bluetooth Intel 8265 - can connect, but cannot remember any device

#1 Post by grgr »

Hello,
I have a Dell e5470 with Intel 8265 BT chipset. Kernel is 5.7 and it should support this chipset. I use KDE and its GUI to connect BT devices.
I can connect my Jabra 75t Headset or Microsoft Arc Mouse and it works fine (except poor audio quality for a headset, but that's not the point) unless I log out / hibernate / suspend my laptop. It seems that BT deamon does not store any information about paired device - there is no dedicated folder in /var/lib/bluetooth/[my-device-no.], it's not on the list in KDE BT GUI.
Maybe it has sth to do with BLE - I don't know.
I also have numerous

Code: Select all

Bluetooth: hci0: SCO packet for unknown connection handle 0
while typing sudo dmesg | grep -i Blue

Please help me solving this! :)

flashydolphin8827

Re: Bluetooth Intel 8265 - can connect, but cannot remember any device

#2 Post by flashydolphin8827 »

Have you checked f your bluetooth adapters chipset needs a specific non-free or proprietary set of driver or firmware., further could you please elaborate by providing us with the necessary log files and and provide us with boot time error messages from systemd The aforementioned log files and systemd boot time messages will help us provide you with a mor through diagnosis of and solution to your problem.

stevepusser

Re: Bluetooth Intel 8265 - can connect, but cannot remember any device

#3 Post by stevepusser »

Which Debian release are you using?

A 5.7 kernel in Debian is not getting security updates--you should switch to the LTS one for your release that is getting those, such as 5.10 in Debian 11.
MX Linux packager and developer