Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Bluetooth adapter with in-kernel and AAC support

Need help with peripherals or devices?
recursivecall

Bluetooth adapter with in-kernel and AAC support

#1 Post by recursivecall »

Hi,
I'm looking for a adequately tested usb bluetooth adapter with in-kernel support. I need it for listening to music and lectures with my desktop computer so it must be compatible with SBC/AAC. I don't want to deal with old unmaintained drivers and strange configuration file, the device must work out of the box and must have been tested by someone who already owns it. Ideally I'd like to be pointed to a great resource like the morrownr github repository (https://github.com/morrownr/USB-WiFi) with that quality of testing but for Bluetooth devices. Unfortunately I've had bad experience with WiFi devices suggested by the Debian's Wiki (straight garbage WiFi adapters by TP-LINK) so I'm hoping to find a valid suggestion for a Bluetooth dongle from other Debian enthusiasts.

4D696B65
Site admin
Site admin

Re: Bluetooth adapter with in-kernel and AAC support

#2 Post by 4D696B65 »

recursivecall wrote: 2022-08-01 16:50 the device must work out of the box
Good luck with that

Hobbes

Re: Bluetooth adapter with in-kernel and AAC support

#3 Post by Hobbes »

Hi,

You can follow the recommendatios of the link that you have posted (it's very detailed).

I have the Netgear A6210 (mt7612u chipset). In my oldest laptop (12 yeras old) with Devian 11 and mediatek firmware doesn´t work, but as the internal wifi works fine I did not try to find/fix the problem (probably a bad configuration of networkmanager, because the device is detected properly). In my "new" laptop (6 years old) with Artix it works out of the box (but only after the removal of the faulty internal wifi card, that was causing a lot of problems).