Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How to download a specific version of libc for a single program

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
larienna

How to download a specific version of libc for a single program

#1 Post by larienna »

I am trying to build a Kotlin program, which uses LibGDX which uses Lwjgl which requires a Glibc version of 2.26. Here is the error message:

Code: Select all

> Task :desktop:run
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /tmp/lwjglericp/3.3.1-build-7/liblwjgl.so (/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.26' not found (required by /tmp/lwjglericp/3.3.1-build-7/liblwjgl.so))
Now I understand that my libc library on my system is probably too old. Unless I am wrong, from what I can remember, if I supply a newer copy of the libc file it requires in the same folder as the library, it should use that libc file instead of the one installed on the system. It will prevent screwing up all other software on my system that uses the older libc.

Now I am trying to search the web for a single libc.so.6 file of version 2.26 or better, but I cannot find anything for the Debian distribution. Not sure if using a file from another distribution would work.

Else is there another way to fix the problem besides upgrading the entire system?

LE_746F6D617A7A69

Re: How to download a specific version of libc for a single program

#2 Post by LE_746F6D617A7A69 »

http://snapshot.debian.org/binary/libc-bin/

You may use LD_PRELOAD=<path_to_library> to force linking against specific version.
Bill Gates: "(...) In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and I fished out listings of their operating system."
The_full_story and Nothing_have_changed