Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Getting Atom to recognize a C++ kernel for hydrogen

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
LemanR

Getting Atom to recognize a C++ kernel for hydrogen

#1 Post by LemanR »

Hello Everyone,

So I have been trying on multiple computers, Arch & now Debian to get a C++ kernel to be usable on atom through hydrogen. I've successfully have an R kernel to work & python to be recognized (technically haven't tested it). But for some reason, no matter what I try I can't seem to get xeus-cling to work for Atom's Hydrogen package.

Right now I am in the processing of undoing my attempts and hope that someone can guide me through attempting from scratch + troubleshooting. Also I've tried many things so I don't mind doing any commands so anyone can see if there are left over files. I am new to Debian but not new to linux so it's very possible I leave files behind while undoing these attempts.

right now I am running conda remove xeus-cling & I think this is all I have to do as everything is within the anaconda directory (located in /home/ME/anaconda3)

(UPDATE)
Just wanted to clarify real quick. I have followed the online instructions as instructed & trouble shooting steps as instructed. I'm not trying to seem like the "solve it for me" kind of person but at this point I don't know a better strategy. My most extensive attempt with help can be found https://github.com/nteract/hydrogen/issues/2002 when I was using Arch. I seem to be having the same issues all over again.