Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Script to launch a scan in 3 antivirus Docker containers

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
LouLou

Script to launch a scan in 3 antivirus Docker containers

#1 Post by LouLou »

Hi
I need advice and leads to explore for a project because I am completely lost.
My project is to install 3 Docker containers, in each container there will be a different antivirus (clamav, kaspersky, f-secure). My goal is that when I plug in my USB key, my key will be scanned by the 3 different antivirus and they will give me a report at the end of their scans.
The antiviruses do not conflict because they are in individual containers.
I have already installed the antiviruses (in their containers). My problem is that I would like to automate the scan and report as soon as I plug in my USB stick. I think my problem could be solved with a script but I have no idea how to do it, no matter how hard I look I can't find anything that will really help me.
I'm on Debian 10.7
I am a novice but passionate.
Have a nice day and thank you in advance
Sorry if there are mistakes, I'm not an English speaker.

LouLou. :)

PS: let's avoid debates about the legitimacy of antivirus on Linux and the interest of having three.

arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

Re: Script to launch a scan in 3 antivirus Docker containers

#2 Post by arochester »

Homework? Assignment? Work related?
a script but I have no idea how to do it
What have YOU done, or do you expect other people to do it all for you?

LouLou

#3 Post by LouLou »

arochester wrote:Homework? Assignment? Work related?
a script but I have no idea how to do it
What have YOU done, or do you expect other people to do it all for you?

I've already tried scripts that didn't work.
What I'm talking about is only a part of my personal project.
On this part I have difficulty because I'm not a good developer, I know more about networking or system/hardware.
I'm just curious and passionate, I want to learn how to master Linux and its tools.
If I wrote here, on this forum, it's because I've already searched and I can't find a solution ( i find Udev but it's not ok).
Moreover I said "I need advice and leads to explore". So I don't want anyone to do my job. It's just that I believe that when you have a problem, you can ask the community for help, that's the Debian principle, being collaborative.
Please don't blame me, help me if you feel like it, just I want to help for my project.

LouLou.

Head_on_a_Stick

#4 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

A udev rule by itself won't work for long running processes so create a udev rule that starts a systemd service to run your antivirus tools.

For example https://coreos.com/os/docs/latest/using ... rules.html & http://blog.fraggod.net/2015/01/12/star ... -udev.html
deadbang

LouLou

#5 Post by LouLou »

Thank you :D
I will work on it

I was expecting too an answer from arochester ...

I'll tell you if it worked.

LouLou.