Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Trying to build Chromebook firmware encountering issues.

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
LouisR4

Trying to build Chromebook firmware encountering issues.

#1 Post by LouisR4 »

Hi I'm trying to build/compile HP Chromebook 11 (Arm based) firmware from https://chromium.googlesource.com/chrom ... ing-3824.B
But attempting to make the config file via the instructions in the README file I keep getting the error message in terminal: arm-linux-gcc not found.. I do have gcc and the arm components installed however I believe my issue is it's looking for a different distributions package of the Debian 10 gcc tools im not sure what distro I thought maybe Ubuntu but it doesn't have "arm-linux-gcc" either but I can't figure out how to point the "arm-linux-gcc" to Debian 10's version. I hope someone could fill me in to resolve this. I have tried to use the "export path" command to point it to the correct place but it still doesn't recognize it. I was just going to alter the the file(s) code that reference "arm-linux-gcc" and the directories it references to where it should be however I had no luck finding the file(s) that contain that code.. 😐