Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Recieved an infraction

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
fogpipe

Recieved an infraction

#1 Post by fogpipe »

On another board which will remain nameless. I was complaining about some technical problems that i beleived were systemd related. This was the substance of my bad behaviour.

Code: Select all

"start job running for device./dev/sdx" and then failure to identify drives.
It also seemed to have trouble stopping services on reboot, so i got to sit through lots of "stop job running for xxxx" service and then failure to mount or correctly identify the partition.

Reread my first posts if you have questions, they contain the crux of it, im done with it. If slackware switches to systemd, unless it gets a lot better than what i have seen so far, i guess that will be the end of my linux use. It just seems to me more trouble and complication than ts worth.

Actually if you want more info there is a lot here https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?...&hsimp=yhs-001 and im sure the problem is easliy reproducible. 
I guess some people are really sensitive :D

GarryRicketson

Re: Recieved an infraction

#2 Post by GarryRicketson »

So you figure you'll just come here and start another systemd troll thread, to help feed the trolls here ?
Or , what is the point ?
If slackware switches to systemd, unless it gets a lot better than what i have seen so far, i guess that will be the end of my linux use. It just seems to me more trouble and complication than ts worth.
That is fine, if you don't like "slackware" or don't like systemd, there are plenty of alternatives, go for it.
Also, if you really want to see it get better, why don't you do some real work, and take part in the development, if you don't know enough to be able to do that, donations are all ways help full.
There is a lot of hope that "wheezy" will become a LTS version as well as Squeeze, they do not use systemd.
https://wiki.debian.org/LTS
There are lots of things you could do to help make "it get better", if you really wanted to. If you don't like the "free meal" you are getting, best look for another "soup line".
But just whining and complaining does not do any good at all.

Please also read:
Forum guidelines. Please read before first post!
Pay particular attention to:
Summary
The following might get your post EDITED:
- Profanities
- Links to inappropriate websites

The following might get your post/ thread LOCKED
- Flaming/ personal attacks
- Obvious trolling
- Thread has wandered way off topic
- Cross posting
- Obvious trolling because,
fogpipe »I guess some people are really sensitive :D
Yes indeed, some people are really sensitive, and you clearly state, that, thus showing us you know that some people are sensitive, and with the added :D ,..seem to think it is fun, or funny, to post stuff that will get comments, from the "really sensitive" people, and it will, which is what makes it such a obvious attempt to troll.

fogpipe

#3 Post by fogpipe »

Wow, dude, I just thought it was funny. Sorry if i upset you. I guess i underestimate the fragility of others dispositions.
I thought reporting problems was participating in the development.

dilberts_left_nut
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by dilberts_left_nut »

Moved to offtopic.
AdrianTM wrote:There's no hacker in my grandma...

Randicus

#5 Post by Randicus »

fogpipe wrote:On another board which will remain nameless. I was complaining about some technical problems that i beleived were systemd related. This was the substance of my bad behaviour.
This thread? http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions ... 175554229/ Where you complained about your system failing to recognise UUIDs and blamed it on systemd? Yes, that forum no longer allows systemd discussions. An extreme reaction, but is the norm in Linuxland. (systemd is so good that very many people do not like. So in order to have a tranquil forum, all references to systemd must be banned. :roll: ) Since you have been a member of that board for four-and-a-half years, you should have known that systemd threads are locked.
fogpipe wrote:Wow, dude, I just thought it was funny. Sorry if i upset you. I guess i underestimate the fragility of others dispositions.
Complaining about, or pointing out, what you see as the bad traits of another forum is not funny. Bringing attention to an entertaining or strange thread would be funny, but not denigrating an entire forum.
I thought reporting problems was participating in the development.
Reporting problems in a constructive manner is participating and is helpful. Whining is not participating.

fogpipe

#6 Post by fogpipe »

Randicus wrote:Reporting problems in a constructive manner is participating and is helpful. Whining is not participating.
Idk if its completely whining when others are experiencing the same kinds of problems, but i guess you are entitled to your opinion.
but otoh the was a degree of whining to it, i dont like wasting hours of my time on a glitch, especially when its a known problem.
Should have done my homework first i guess, but if i had i wouldnt have a stable debian install on one of my drives.
Geez you guys are touchy.

Head_on_a_Stick

#7 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

unSpawn is a fantastic moderator :)

The systemd threads are pretty boring, don't you think?

In respect of your UUID problem, I find systemd works best with no fstab at all:

Code: Select all

empty@ThinkPad ~ % cat /etc/fstab
# 
# /etc/fstab: static file system information
#
# <file system> <dir>   <type>  <options>       <dump>  <pass>
empty@ThinkPad ~ % 
deadbang

Randicus

#8 Post by Randicus »

fogpipe wrote:Should have done my homework first i guess, but if i had i wouldnt have a stable debian install on one of my drives.
You had trouble getting a stable Debian Testing system? If so, yes, doing one's homework is a prerequisite.
Head_on_a_Stick wrote:unSpawn is a fantastic moderator :)
He is pretty good. Much better than that Tobi character.
The systemd threads are pretty boring, don't you think?
Yes. Same crap repeated in every thread for hundreds of posts.

Wheelerof4te

#9 Post by Wheelerof4te »

Of course you have an infection. Systemd is installed and running :lol:

Now, let me silently walk out through the back-door, please... :mrgreen:

HuangLao

#10 Post by HuangLao »

Of course you have an infection. Systemd is installed and running

Now, let me silently walk out through the back-door, please...
Hilarious.