How to install enlightenment desktop with wayland?

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
MagicPoulp

Re: How to install enlightenment desktop with wayland?

#21 Post by MagicPoulp »

Browser CSS animations are very tearing in my Linux experience so far, on every computer and every browser. It could be due to the graphics configuration. But I am still interested to test without X11.

Here is an example of tearing animation.
https://www.w3schools.com/howto/tryit.a ... js_sidenav

I am interested to try a desktop environment that is the most "wayland-only" as it can so that I can experiment. But then , the words, the terminology can be confusing.

I think it is worth noticing that at the top of the wayland page on enightenment.org, they say that the wayland-only version is under heavy testing and that is is already very much usable.

Enlightenment is a lightweight desktop that is among the few early ones to migrate to wayland. So if I find a bug, I would be glad to report it to them.

I am still searching for an alternative to Xvfb though.

pylkko

Re: How to install enlightenment desktop with wayland?

#22 Post by pylkko »

MagicPoulp wrote:There is nothing wrong with the structure "I don't think something".

Can someone please help me determine:
- if I use the debian wayland package, the vanilla one, will it us X when I use the firefox browser, or will it use wayland?
- was the debian package built using -enabble-wayland-clients?
no, you have to compile it. (it now works very well with the latest FF). Only epiphany browser (AFAIK) runs on wayland without Xwayland (on Debian currently- on Fedora you need to install firefox-wayland as it is not yet default installed)