Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Eastern Arabic/Hindi numerals(٠١٢٣٤٥٦٧٨٩)

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
Mahmoud Emad

Eastern Arabic/Hindi numerals(٠١٢٣٤٥٦٧٨٩)

#1 Post by Mahmoud Emad »

first of all i wanted to convert all the system to Arabic i read topics about changing locale and language to get that done and
It worked....!
except for one thing i noticed that every number used by the system is English like dates and week numbers and even the size tap of files shows it in English i got mad just because Linux is superior to windows by a far margin and even windows get that done since the windows 7 then i did some searching what affect the symbols of the language i found that
/usr/share/i18n/locales/iso14651_tl_common is the main reason or as i thought i found in the tag responsible for number like this:
<U0660> <0>
<U0669> <9>
but what i expected is that:
<U0660> <٠>
<U0669> <٩>
so i tried to change it but nothing happened
does anyone knows how to solve this issue
Note 1: i am not even beginner with Linux so please if any one knows anything explain it in simple manner to get it thanks in advance

ruwolf

Re: Eastern Arabic/Hindi numerals(٠١٢٣٤٥٦٧٨٩)

#2 Post by ruwolf »