Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Can't install on native uefi

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
Kenshin Himura

Re: Can't install on native uefi

#21 Post by Kenshin Himura »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:
Kenshin Himura wrote:So i execute your commands?
No, I missed the bit where you said you're running bullseye. That should support your hardware as long as the non-free firmware is installed.

The development branches are somewhat prone to breakage though, I wouldn't really recommend them for newcomers.
I run league of legends and went smoothly. So I don't need new kernel and drivers, they are all including with bullseye?

Head_on_a_Stick

#22 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Kenshin Himura wrote:So I don't need new kernel and drivers, they are all including with bullseye?
That's right, yes. If your game runs smoothly then you must have the firmware as well.

Read this though: https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debi ... .html#s3.1 ← note that testing is not one of the recommended branches.
deadbang

Kenshin Himura

#23 Post by Kenshin Himura »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:
Kenshin Himura wrote:So I don't need new kernel and drivers, they are all including with bullseye?
That's right, yes. If your game runs smoothly then you must have the firmware as well.

Read this though: https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debi ... .html#s3.1 ← note that testing is not one of the recommended branches.
I be done that, but I ve seen few people suggesting testing to those who wanted to be more update firmware at their PC's, because they were arguing with others who supported that debian is outdated and blah blah. But I don't understand why you and the other brother you suggest me to go into Arch, aren't we here to support Debian or Arch is also part of it and it's philosophy?

arzgi

#24 Post by arzgi »

The problem is that your computer is newer than latest Debian stable. There are many arguments against using testing other than testing.
You can of course, it is your choice, but your mileage may vary.

Backports do help sometimes, also newer kernel perhaps, but then you lose security support.

Arch as rolling release would surely support your new hw better, I think that's why it was brought up.

Head_on_a_Stick

#25 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Kenshin Himura wrote:I ve seen few people suggesting testing to those who wanted to be more update firmware at their PC's
The firmware .deb packages from testing/unstable are actually "safe" to install in stable because they have no dependencies. But usually they're in the backports repository anyway.
Kenshin Himura wrote:But I don't understand why you and the other brother you suggest me to go into Arch, aren't we here to support Debian or Arch is also part of it and it's philosophy?
No, Arch are a bunch of non-free loving heathens but their distribution is actually designed as a rolling release whereas Debian testing/unstable are development branches and are only really supposed to be used by those interested in helping develop Debian. Breakage is expected.
deadbang

Kenshin Himura

#26 Post by Kenshin Himura »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:
Kenshin Himura wrote:I ve seen few people suggesting testing to those who wanted to be more update firmware at their PC's
The firmware .deb packages from testing/unstable are actually "safe" to install in stable because they have no dependencies. But usually they're in the backports repository anyway.
Kenshin Himura wrote:But I don't understand why you and the other brother you suggest me to go into Arch, aren't we here to support Debian or Arch is also part of it and it's philosophy?
No, Arch are a bunch of non-free loving heathens but their distribution is actually designed as a rolling release whereas Debian testing/unstable are development branches and are only really supposed to be used by those interested in helping develop Debian. Breakage is expected.
So I stay with my beloved Debian. What do you mean breakage? Sorry I'm not native in english

Kenshin Himura

#27 Post by Kenshin Himura »

arzgi wrote:The problem is that your computer is newer than latest Debian stable. There are many arguments against using testing other than testing.
You can of course, it is your choice, but your mileage may vary.

Backports do help sometimes, also newer kernel perhaps, but then you lose security support.

Arch as rolling release would surely support your new hw better, I think that's why it was brought up.
Thanks for answering :D

Chrisdb

#28 Post by Chrisdb »

Kenshin Himura wrote:What do you mean breakage? Sorry I'm not native in english
Debian testing/unstable will get more frequent updates of packages, not just security updates like in stable. It could be a certain package is updated/upgraded, but still contain a bug. This could lead to problems with your current package and other ones if they require that specific package as a dependency ....

Head_on_a_Stick

#29 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Parabola is probably the best choice for people who love open source and cutting edge hardware. I should start recommending that instead of Arch. Or Hyperbola. Not sure how they deal with wireless cards & µcode though :?
deadbang

Kenshin Himura

#30 Post by Kenshin Himura »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:Parabola is probably the best choice for people who love open source and cutting edge hardware. I should start recommending that instead of Arch. Or Hyperbola. Not sure how they deal with wireless cards & µcode though :?
And what people Debian covers?

Head_on_a_Stick

#31 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Well try Debian stable with backports then, as I suggested originally.
deadbang

Kenshin Himura

#32 Post by Kenshin Himura »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:Well try Debian stable with backports then, as I suggested originally.
I tried lxqt stable but after the first reboot when in try to enter I get screen shuttering and everything falls apart when I click on them, do you know why this happens?

Head_on_a_Stick

#33 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

No. What does the X.Org log say?
deadbang

Kenshin Himura

#34 Post by Kenshin Himura »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:No. What does the X.Org log say?
How can I see that?