Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Please vote on my VSCode feature request

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
guiritter

Please vote on my VSCode feature request

#1 Post by guiritter »

Hi everyone.

I proposed a new feature for Visual Studio Code and I need 20 upvotes to get it implemented.

If you feel inclined to help, please give it an upvote. Here's the link:

https://github.com/microsoft/vscode/issues/98428

Thanks in advance.

LE_746F6D617A7A69

Re: Please vote on my VSCode feature request

#2 Post by LE_746F6D617A7A69 »

Stop using VScode, learn how to use Eclipse -> problem solved :mrgreen:
Bill Gates: "(...) In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and I fished out listings of their operating system."
The_full_story and Nothing_have_changed

cuckooflew

#3 Post by cuckooflew »

I vote NO, why should we even look it ?
Please Read What we expect you have already Done
Search Engines know a lot, and
"If God had wanted computers to work all the time, He wouldn't have invented RESET buttons"
and
Just say NO to help vampires!

LE_746F6D617A7A69

#4 Post by LE_746F6D617A7A69 »

I'm assuming that the guiritter user account has been hijacked - otherwise, the only explanation would be that he is a moron, who don't understand that this is a Debian User Forums ;)
Bill Gates: "(...) In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and I fished out listings of their operating system."

stevepusser

#5 Post by stevepusser »

In his defense, VSCode can be installed and used on Debian, regardless of the politics.
MX Linux packager and developer

LE_746F6D617A7A69

#6 Post by LE_746F6D617A7A69 »

With all the respect and regardless of the politics:
- Have You heard of any other IDE in the wild which has built-in spying functionality? (telemetry, usage data sending to MS)
- Voting is used to collect data about "popularity" - why should we promote VSC?
- This is not a feature - this is obviously a bug -> VSC is not remembering last opened files located outside of the project folder (works in Code::Blocks since day zero :) )

Regards.

guiritter

#7 Post by guiritter »

LE_746F6D617A7A69 wrote:Stop using VScode, learn how to use Eclipse -> problem solved :mrgreen:
I used Eclipse before. I preferred NetBeans even after working with Eclipse. But, when I started using VSCode, I fell in love with it.
cuckooflew wrote:I vote NO, why should we even look it ?
You have every right.
LE_746F6D617A7A69 wrote:I'm assuming that the guiritter user account has been hijacked - otherwise, the only explanation would be that he is a moron, who don't understand that this is a Debian User Forums ;)
No, it wasn't hijacked. I really want that feature implemented, that's why I went after users that hopefully would feel the same as I. Also, I did post in the Off Topic section, so why does the subject of the forum matter?
LE_746F6D617A7A69 wrote:With all the respect and regardless of the politics:
- Have You heard of any other IDE in the wild which has built-in spying functionality? (telemetry, usage data sending to MS)
- Voting is used to collect data about "popularity" - why should we promote VSC?
- This is not a feature - this is obviously a bug -> VSC is not remembering last opened files located outside of the project folder (works in Code::Blocks since day zero :) )

Regards.
- I don't care about spying. I'm not important.
- Because I like VSC. If you don't, feel free to ignore it.
- You got it backwards. VSC does remember last opened files located outside of the project folder. I would rather it didn't.

Anyway, I discovered that this is considered an unacceptable practice for the feature request process and will proceed to try to delete this thread or take a similar action.

Thanks for all those who supported anyway.

cuckooflew

#8 Post by cuckooflew »

You can't delete the topic after there have been replies posted,
guiritter » I discovered that this is considered an unacceptable practice for the feature request process and will proceed to try to delete this thread or take a similar action.
Is this because of some rules in the feature request process ?
Or is it because you don't like the responses,...? Just wondering, but perhaps consider this,
we do have a lot of members that are really big MS Windows fans, and some use it for their main system, Debian and Linux is just a tinker toy for them, many of those might even vote yes on your request, but they might not even post to this thread.
guiritter » Also, I did post in the Off Topic section, so why does the subject of the forum matter?
That is a +1 on your behalf, and the subject does not matter, that is what "off topic" is for, all though I do think it is in rather bad taste, but not surprising with a Microsoft user, supporter, we have a lot of those here as well. Often they say things like, "If Debian was just a little more like Windows, I would use it as my main system", ahh, and that is all ways a famous excuse:"Oh, but it is because Debian does not have that program, and I must have it",... so gradually Debian becomes more and more Windows like, with each release, and less and less Unix like, but I suppose that would be another "off topic" discussion ....
Any way, your topic won't get deleted, it might get closed or locked, if a moderator or admins feels it should be, actually they could even remove the entire topic, but that is not likely. Many members enjoy the entertainment, even though they don't post.
I hope it didn't get your request disqualified, that is somthing you should have done before posting, I mean reading the rules about putting a request up for vote, etc.
===edit===
Ahh, and this:
- I don't care about spying. I'm not important.
Maybe you don't but some of us do, and thank you, LE_tomazzi for warning us about that, I did some searches on that and found some other complaints supporting that, but of course Micro Soft denies it. .... Hope you don't mind me using tomazzi , but it is to hard to remember LE_746F6D617A7A69 :mrgreen:
Please Read What we expect you have already Done
Search Engines know a lot, and
"If God had wanted computers to work all the time, He wouldn't have invented RESET buttons"
and
Just say NO to help vampires!

LE_746F6D617A7A69

#9 Post by LE_746F6D617A7A69 »

cuckooflew wrote:Hope you don't mind me using tomazzi , but it is to hard to remember LE_746F6D617A7A69 :mrgreen:
No problemo, I can't remember it too :mrgreen: