Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

What SSD low price would you recommend?

Need help with peripherals or devices?
bester69

What SSD low price would you recommend?

#1 Post by bester69 »

Hi,

I will buy this in amazon if you dont warn me :roll:
Crucial BX500 240 GB (3D NAND, SATA, 2.5 Pulgadas) by just 30€

do you know if it has some good linux compatibility or any issues?

Thanks.
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: What SSD low price would you recommend?

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Why not just buy 240GiB of RAM and mount everything under tmpfs instead? :mrgreen:
bester69 wrote:do you know if it has some good linux compatibility or any issues?
Seems unlikely. Have you tried asking a search engine?
deadbang

bester69

#3 Post by bester69 »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:Why not just buy 240GiB of RAM and mount everything under tmpfs instead? :mrgreen:
bester69 wrote:do you know if it has some good linux compatibility or any issues?
Seems unlikely. Have you tried asking a search engine?
I will ask them in Amazon, Crucial seems to be a known popular drive...Its suppose to be recognized by linux
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by sunrat »

Most SSDs work in Linux. You just need a reliable one. If you actually did a search for that drive you would have found this review that says it's not very good and recommends the Crucial MX500 for a few bucks more - https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cr ... ,5377.html
Crucial MX500 have 5 years warranty against 3 years for BX500. In Australia prices are $44 for BX and $55 for MX and the difference seems well worth the little extra.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!

bester69

#5 Post by bester69 »

sunrat wrote:Most SSDs work in Linux. You just need a reliable one. If you actually did a search for that drive you would have found this review that says it's not very good and recommends the Crucial MX500 for a few bucks more - https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cr ... ,5377.html
Crucial MX500 have 5 years warranty against 3 years for BX500. In Australia prices are $44 for BX and $55 for MX and the difference seems well worth the little extra.
Thanks sun,
I saw that, but its almost double prize..as this is for an old laptop..it really doesnt matter very much..
but it says Micron 3D NAND - keep data in cells during 40 years.. while others i saw only offer 10 years, so seems to be the best cheap ssd in amazon.

NFT5
df -h | grep > 20TiB
df -h | grep > 20TiB

#6 Post by NFT5 »

I've recently had an SSD die on me. First one but it was a cheapie "Team Group 120GB", maybe the first one I ever bought.

Decided to shuffle a few around and buy a new 1TB SSD. Looked at the Crucial and while they're generally recognised as a good brand, the BX series with shorter warranty and shorter life just didn't offer the reliability I was after. Yes, I did read that review that sunrat linked. I paid a bit extra and bought Samsung.

I do have an automated backup regimen but for an extra $20 it could save me the 3 days I've just spent reloading operating systems after moving SSDs to better fit various computers' use. The upside is that, instead of a mix of Buster, Stretch and MX, I'll end up with Buster on every one of the eight PCs that it takes to run my house. :roll:

BTW, Ebay beat Amazon's pricing by a significant amount and it was delivered in 2 days. Shop around.

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Post by sunrat »

bester69 wrote:I saw that, but its almost double prize..as this is for an old laptop..it really doesnt matter very much..
but it says Micron 3D NAND - keep data in cells during 40 years.. while others i saw only offer 10 years, so seems to be the best cheap ssd in amazon.
I always go by the adage "I'm too poor to buy cheap stuff". It has served me well. The cheapest things usually need to be replaced much sooner so cost more in the end.
I'd like to see the test where data was stored in an SSD for 40 years, sounds like a fairytale to me. :mrgreen:
And yeah, shop around. The 2 prices I quoted above were both from Amazon Australian site. The BX is only 20% cheaper than the MX.
Those who have lost data
Remember to BACKUP!

bester69

#8 Post by bester69 »

Last edited by bester69 on 2020-11-16 19:09, edited 1 time in total.

RU55EL

#9 Post by RU55EL »

bester69 wrote:
The cheapest things usually need to be replaced much sooner so cost more in the end.
this quote is a fake, like fake news...we , the people who save money and are poors know it very well... I bought a cheap Acer extensa laprop in 2008, and in almost 2021 Im still using it like the first day..everything working on it... If you buy cheaps things you save more than double in long time than going for expensive things... Most time, cheaper things turn out to be better than worse than expensive things as for saving money...

As I told you ..that's myth fake quote.. :roll: ....
Look , this is what might happend when you buy a better and expensive SSD.., the probably to fail will be similar, the speed will be very much the same.. and finally is very probably yours one fails at second year.. and have to pay twice for an expensive one.. which will be around 100 €..while I only paid once for 30 €-... that are facts in real life. Life is not like we are tollen but like if its reallys is..you should stop dressing muzzles...you know :mrgreen:, I never do, MAGA seems to understand these things as well.
Why do you ask for other peoples opinions if you are only going to dispute them? You seem to have a decisive opinion about which SSD to buy, are you asking for opinions so that you can troll the forum?

Here is a recommendation you should like:

On Amazon: "128GB SSD- SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5 Inch 3D NAND Flash Internal Solid State Drive for Gaming Computer, Notebook, PC (128GB)" $17.49 No Import Fees Deposit & $6.39 Shipping to Spain
Last edited by RU55EL on 2020-11-17 15:55, edited 1 time in total.

bester69

#10 Post by bester69 »

RU55EL wrote:
Here is a recommendation you should like:

On Amazon: "128GB SSD- SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5 Inch 3D NAND Flash Internal Solid State Drive for Gaming Computer, Notebook, PC (128GB)" $17.49 No Import Fees Deposit & $6.39 Shipping to Spain
I think you refer to Intaiell 980plus... I 've bookmarked most of them(amazon).. I will pick one of 256Gby..now my hdd is 160 and can't use it for lack of space... the gaming sdd Intaiell looked like very good, but then, i realised had some very bad reviews and seem like a chinesse mark disk..

Ive not seen yet ebay disks...I heard one of you to say there were more of them to choose there..I will take a look

thanks mate, :o

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

#11 Post by sunrat »

RU55EL wrote:
bester69 wrote:
The cheapest things usually need to be replaced much sooner so cost more in the end.
this quote is a fake, like fake news...we , the people who save money and are poors know it very well... I bought a cheap Acer extensa laprop in 2008, and in almost 2021 Im still using it like the first day..everything working on it... If you buy cheaps things you save more than double in long time than going for expensive things... Most time, cheaper things turn out to be better than worse than expensive things as for saving money...

As I told you ..that's myth fake quote.. :roll: ....
Look , this is what might happend when you buy a better and expensive SSD.., the probably to fail will be similar, the speed will be very much the same.. and finally is very probably yours one fails at second year.. and have to pay twice for an expensive one.. which will be around 100 €..while I only paid once for 30 €-... that are facts in real life. Life is not like we are tollen but like if its reallys is..you should stop dressing muzzles...you know :mrgreen:, I never do, MAGA seems to understand these things as well.
Why do you ask for other peoples opinions if you are only going to dispute them?
I was wondering the same thing.
You seem to have a decisive opinion about which SSD to buy, are you asking for opinions to that you can troll the forum?
You're entitled to your opinions even if you're wrong. Maybe keep them to yourself. The forums are for helping people who ask questions.
Those who have lost data
Remember to BACKUP!

bester69

#12 Post by bester69 »

i finally bought Crucial BX500 240Gb by 37€ and a USB SATA 2,5 adapter to migrate data, this sdd has very good reviews, good garantee and its a quality known disk..

tomorrow I will move all my partitions data and check performance, If i see good improvements I will upgrate to buster... im exciting :o