Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian Bullseye Updates

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
Rick B.

Debian Bullseye Updates

#1 Post by Rick B. »

I have installed this copy of Bullseye: debian-live-testing-amd64-mate+nonfree.iso

As shown on this page:

https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unof ... iso-hybrid

I would like to know if between now and the final release of Bullseye if I will be able to apply updates as they are made available and then end up with the final Bullseye release whenever that occurs. Thanks.

Ardouos

Re: Debian Bullseye Updates

#2 Post by Ardouos »

As long as your sources.list file point to bullseye, then yes.
There is only one Debian | Do not break Debian | Stability and Debian | Backports

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀

pwzhangzz

#3 Post by pwzhangzz »

Make sure that you make appropriate corrections to the source.list file. I think there are two obvious bugs planted by Debian developers to discourage novice users using the testing version.

That said, however, Debian Bullseye works great for me.

Knock on Wood!

gusnan

#4 Post by gusnan »

pwzhangzz wrote:I think there are two obvious bugs planted by Debian developers to discourage novice users using the testing version.
What are those bugs, and why would Debian Developers "plant" bugs in a Debian release?