Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Launching Applications on Login

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
natan2021

Launching Applications on Login

#1 Post by natan2021 »

Hi guys! I already know that to do this, I can use the "Session apps" feature, but I don't know how to find the corresponding "command" of the application.

Debian Mate 10.9

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Launching Applications on Login

#2 Post by sunrat »

I don't know how Mate does it, in KDE one can right-click in the menu and choose "Edit Application" and the command will be shown in the subsequent box.
For most DEs, applications will appear in /usr/share/applications as a .desktop file. Open that with a text editor and the command will be shown in the Exec= line. For example, Firefox is

Code: Select all

Exec=/usr/lib/firefox-esr/firefox-esr %u
Copy that command (without the Exec=) and put it in your startup applications thingy.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!

natan2021

Re: Launching Applications on Login

#3 Post by natan2021 »

sunrat wrote:I don't know how Mate does it, in KDE one can right-click in the menu and choose "Edit Application" and the command will be shown in the subsequent box.
For most DEs, applications will appear in /usr/share/applications as a .desktop file. Open that with a text editor and the command will be shown in the Exec= line. For example, Firefox is

Code: Select all

Exec=/usr/lib/firefox-esr/firefox-esr %u
Copy that command (without the Exec=) and put it in your startup applications thingy.
I did it in a simpler way, going in the usr path... that you mentioned, I went into the application's properties, and copied the corresponding information in "Session applications". Thanks!