Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

hibernate stops working after OS copy [SOLVED]

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
rayandrews

hibernate stops working after OS copy [SOLVED]

#1 Post by rayandrews »

Debian 11 running xfce. I copied my OS from one disk to another using different partitioning, everything runs fine, however 'hibernate' is greyed out in the xfce power management menu. I can suspend, logout, restart, all fine, but not hibernate. I suspect that's because my swap partition has been moved. Can this be manually corrected? I understand this is something deep in the bowels of systemD so I don't want to tinker, I want a competent answer.
Last edited by rayandrews on 2022-10-05 14:19, edited 1 time in total.

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

Re: hibernate stops working after OS copy

#2 Post by sunrat »

Check the UUID of your new swap is the same as the old swap. If not, change the UUID to match the config or change the config to match the UUID.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!

rayandrews

#3 Post by rayandrews »

"Check the UUID of your new swap is the same as the old swap. If not, change the UUID to match the config or change the config to match the UUID."

The disk from which I copied everything is still attached, and its swap partition is still there but somehow it is not being accessed.

rayandrews

#4 Post by rayandrews »

Damn! I just forgot to update my /etc/fstab! All good!