Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

update-intramfs changes size, xfce hangs

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
rayandrews

update-intramfs changes size, xfce hangs

#1 Post by rayandrews »

Referencing this:

viewtopic.php?p=755411

... I thought I'd successfully moved my hibernate target swap partition. It seems to restart from hibernation as I'd expect, one sees the message as the saved image is restored ... 10% ... 20% ... and so on. However xfce, tho it is restored to the screen, is in a hung state, it's frozen. I restored the swap partition to the old location and ran update-initramfs again and ... the bug remains. However, booting using a saved copy of my initrd.img gives me no problems with hibernation. What's curious is that the saved initrd.img is about 2 MB smaller than the one created by the update-initramfs command, whereas I'd expect them to be the same, why are they different, and why does the newer one hang xfce? How can I have the working image, but modify the location of the swap file within it?